Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Canada · Articles · Sport.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

2020 BMW Motorrad Motorsport WorldSBK Media Guide.

27.02.2020Press Kit

The 2020 FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK) gets underway on Phillip Island, Australia, this weekend. For the BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team, this will be their second season in the elite class of near-production motorcycle racing. Packed full of information, the 2020 BMW Motorrad Motorsport WorldSBK Media Guide sets the tone for the season. 

Superbike World Championship
·
BMW Motorcycle Sports
·
Motorrad Motorsport

Anniversary in South Africa: 30th World Final of the BMW Golf Cup International to be held at the Fancourt Golf Resort.

25.02.2020Press Release

It is a word that really gets the pulses of amateur golfers around the world racing: Fancourt. Located on the fabulous Garden Route, about halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, the Fancourt Golf Resort will host the 30th BMW Golf Cup International World Final this year, from 2nd to 7th March.

BMW Golf Cup International
·
Golf

The BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team are ready for the 2020 season opener of the FIM Superbike World Championship.

25.02.2020Press Release

The countdown is on for the BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team: This weekend (28th February to 1st March) sees the team start its second season in the FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK) on Phillip Island (AUS). The two BMW S 1000 RR will be ridden by Tom Sykes (GBR) and his new team-mate Eugene Laverty (IRL) this year.

·
BMW Motorcycle Sports
·
Motorrad Motorsport

Allocation of six BMW DTM drivers to works teams RMG and RBM confirmed.

24.02.2020Press Release

Six strong drivers take their place in the two BMW DTM works teams: Following the announcement of the BMW works drivers for the 2020 DTM season, the exact trios who will be striving for glory with BMW Team RMG and BMW Team RBM have now been confirmed, with BMW M Motorsport opting for continuity in both teams.

DTM
·
BMW Motorsport

BMW DTM driver Lucas Auer and Andretti youngster Kyle Kirkwood to test the BMW iFE.20 in Marrakesh.

20.02.2020Press Release

At the ABB FIA Formula E Championship rookie test, which will take place on 1st March 2020 in Marrakesh (MAR), BMW i Andretti Motorsport is giving two drivers the opportunity to get to grips with the BMW iFE.20. BMW DTM driver Lucas Auer (AUT) will make his debut at the wheel of the fully electric Formula car, as will Andretti Autosport driver Kyle Kirkwood (USA).

Motorsport Tests
·
Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E
·
Motorsport Drivers

Successful partnership extended: BMW i to continue as ‘ABB FIA Formula E Official Vehicle Partner’.

18.02.2020Press Release

Ahead of the Mexico City E-Prix (MEX), BMW i made two important public announcements. Firstly, BMW i has extended the contract as ‘ABB FIA Formula E Official Vehicle Partner’ and will continue to equip Formula E with an extensive fleet of BMW i safety vehicles through Season 6 and beyond. Secondly, the BMW i8 Safety Car will appear in a spectacular new design from the fourth race of the season onwards.

Motorsport Cars
·
Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

An interview with Brooklyn Beckham: “When I saw the new BMW i8 Roadster Safety Car my eyes lit up“.

18.02.2020Press Release

BMW i Motorsport welcomed a very special guest last weekend at the Mexico City E-Prix (MEX). Famous influencer and photographer Brooklyn Beckham had the exclusive opportunity of a photo shoot with the BMW i8 Safety Car in its new design that was presented to the world last Thursday.

BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

ART Grand Prix and Robert Kubica join forces in the 2020 DTM.

13.02.2020Press Release

A private customer team will compete with BMW Turbo Power in the DTM for the first time in the 2020 season. French team ART Grand Prix returns to the series and will run a BMW M4 DTM. This sees the number of BMW race cars on the grid rise to seven. At the wheel of the privately-run BMW M4 DTM for the 2020 DTM season will be a well-known driver, with Robert Kubica (POL) set to make his debut in the touring car series.

DTM
·
BMW Motorsport

75,000 Euros in prize money and a grand finale in Munich: The BMW SIM Motorsport season is underway.

10.02.2020Press Release

BMW Motorsport heads into the sim racing season with a varied programme and is prominently represented on a host of virtual racing platforms. In the BMW SIM 120 Cup, teams and drivers from around the world compete at the wheel of the BMW M8 GTE on the iRacing motorsport simulation. The BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup will be hosted on the rFactor2 platform. Participants will battle for prize money of almost 75,000 Euros across all competitions.

Jonathan Aberdein starts for BMW M Motorsport in the 2020 DTM.

06.02.2020Press Release

The sixth BMW driver for the 2020 DTM season has been confirmed as Jonathan Aberdein (RSA), who caught the eye in 2019 with some impressive performances for customer team WRT, will drive a BMW M4 DTM in the future. As such, the six BMW works driver squad for the coming DTM season is now complete.

DTM
·
Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
Motorsport Drivers

Interview with Maximilian Günther: “What we achieved as a team in Santiago means an awful lot to me”.

30.01.2020Press Release

Maximilian Günther (GER) earned his place in the history books in the ABB FIA Formula E Championship with victory at the Santiago E-Prix (CHI). In an interview, the youngest Formula E winner ever discusses the eventful race, his mental strength, the reasons behind the strong start to the season for the BMW i Andretti Motorsport Team, and his goals for the season and the coming years.

BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team continues its pre-season preparations with the BMW S 1000 RR in Spain and Portugal.

27.01.2020Press Release

The BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team has continued its preparations for the 2020 season of the FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK) with a double test. Last week, the team and its riders Tom Sykes (GBR) and Eugene Laverty (IRL) spent two days testing in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. This was followed on Sunday and Monday by a further two days of testing in Portimão (POR).

·
BMW Motorcycle Sports
·
Motorrad Motorsport

BMW Team RLL wins Daytona thriller: Second GTLM consecutive triumph for the BMW M8 GTE at the IMSA season-opener.

27.01.2020Press Release

The lead changed hands more than 40 times as the race went right down to the wire before triggering wild celebrations. BMW Team RLL won the opening round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at Daytona (USA) for the second season in a row.

BMW Motorsport
·
IMSA Series
·
24h Races

BMW M6 GT3 on world tour with the Intercontinental GT Challenge once again in 2020.

27.01.2020Press Release

At the beginning of February, the ‘Bathurst 12 Hour’ in Australia kicks off the 2020 season of the Intercontinental GT Challenge (IGTC) in which the BMW M6 GT3 will contest the international GT race series once again. Walkenhorst Motorsport will be the race team and will be strengthened by BMW works drivers.

GT Racing
·
BMW Motorsport

Fortinet is new Official Partner of BMW i Motorsport in Formula E.

23.01.2020Press Release

BMW i Motorsport welcomes a new partner on board: Since the Santiago E-Prix (CHI), which Maximilian Günther (GER) won for BMW i Andretti Motorsport last weekend, Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, has, as Official Partner, been represented with its logo on the two BMW iFE.20 and the drivers’ helmets.

BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

24 Hours Daytona: BMW M Motorsport and BMW Team RLL kick off the 2020 IMSA season with a highlight.

21.01.2020Press Release

The winter break in North America is over: This coming weekend sees BMW M Motorsport and BMW Team RLL start the 2020 season of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship (IMSA series). Traditionally the season kicks off with a real endurance classic, the 24 Hours of Daytona (USA) from 25th to 26th January.

BMW Motorsport
·
IMSA Series
·
24h Races
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming.

PRESS CONFERENCE

Munich, 03.March - 08:15 CET.
Here you will see the live webcast of the digital BMW Group press conference.

Open Streaming Page

PressClub Information.

E-MAIL NOTIFICATION.

edit news settings

Please login and update your e-mail newsletter set up and the fields of interest. You can receive notifications for new articles and video material immediately or as a daily collection.

Related Videos.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Updates
Top-Topic
Submit filter
Clear all

Sun
Mon