Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub South Africa · Articles · Technology.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

Revolution in the car industry: Parts made from recycled fishing nets.

13.09.2022Press Release

+++ Unique recycling process creates a recycled plastic material from ocean waste +++ CO2 emissions are reduced by 25 percent compared to conventionally manufactured components +++ Ocean plastics used to make floor mats in the BMW iX and the BMW X1 +++ The BMW Group aims to use thermoplastics made from 40 percent recycled material in its new vehicles by 2030 +++

Technology
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Production & Recycling

BMW Group commences in-house production of fuel cells for BMW iX5 Hydrogen in Munich.

31.08.2022Press Release

Hydrogen is an additional option for electric drive systems +++ Fuel cells are manufactured in the company’s competence centre for hydrogen +++ BMW Group leads the way in hydrogen technology in the premium electric vehicle segment

Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·
Sustainability
·
Mobility of the future
·
Electrification

E-drive production expands in Leipzig: Second battery module line goes on stream

01.08.2022Press Release

+++ E-component production expands +++ Manufacture of battery modules for BMW i4 +++ €70 million invested +++ 250 new jobs created +++ Plant Director Petra Peterhänsel: “Plant Leipzig remains electrified” +++

High-voltage battery
·
Leipzig
·
Production network
·
Production Start
·
Technology
·
Corporate
·
BMW Group Facilities
·
Sustainability
·
Mobility of the future
·
Production & Recycling

The electric pioneer on the home stretch: Production of the BMW i3 comes to a close with an anniversary and the exclusive HomeRun Edition.

30.06.2022Press Release

+++ 250,000 units of the brand's first fully electric large-series production model have been manufactured to date +++ BMW i3 as a pioneer for locally emission-free driving pleasure and holistic sustainability +++ Seamless transition: BMW Group Plant Leipzig uses expertise of its workforce for expanding the production of e-drive components +++ From 2023, the first location in the world where both BMW and MINI models will be built

Technology
·
Corporate
·
BMW Group Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Sustainability
·
Production & Recycling
·
Electrification
·
BMW i3

BMW Group brings e-drives to Austria: Expansion of production and development at Steyr engine plant

20.06.2022Press Release

+++ Production of next-generation e-drives at BMW Group Plant Steyr from 2025 +++ Annual production capacity of over 600,000 units +++ Investment of around one billion euros by 2030 +++ BMW iFACTORY also in Steyr: electric drive trains from carbon neutral plant +++

Technology
·
Corporate
·
BMW Group Facilities
·
Production Plants
·
Board Member Speeches
·
Production & Recycling

100-percent green power: BMW Group to use sustainably produced aluminium wheels from 2024

08.04.2022Press Release

+++ Transition to green power for aluminium electrolysis and wheel production +++ CO2 savings of up to 500,000 tonnes per year +++ Pioneering achievement: First MINI model with aluminium wheels made out of 70-percent secondary raw material from 2023 +++

Purchasing
·
supplier network
·
supply chain
·
green power
·
Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI)
·
Aluminium
·
Wheels
·
CO2 emissions
·
secondary material
·
Environment

The BMW Group at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022.

05.01.2022Press Kit

+++ World premiere of the BMW iX M60 +++ BMW iX Flow featuring E Ink: Magical exterior colour change +++ Preview of in-car entertainment of the future +++ New My Modes: BMW first to bring Digital Art into vehicles +++ Digital design vision DIMENSIONS OF REAL +++

Technology
·
Mobility of the future
·
Las Vegas
·
America

BMW iX achieves highest possible five-star rating in Euro NCAP safety assessment.

08.12.2021Press Release

+++New technology flagship from the BMW Group impresses with outstanding occupant protection for adults and children. +++ New interactive airbag between driver and front passenger seats reduces the risk of injury in the event of a side collision. +++ Advanced driver assistance systems help to prevent collisions with pedestrians and cyclists+++

i20
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Safety

Delivered as promised: BMW Group hands over one-millionth electrified vehicle and achieves next milestone in transformation

07.12.2021Press Release

Pieter Nota: “Already have next target in our sights: We aim for two million electrified vehicles on the roads in just two years” +++ Plans to double BEV sales in 2022 +++ Around two million fully-electric vehicles delivered to customers by 2025 +++ BMW and MINI Charging provide access to more than 250,000 charging points in Europe +++

i20
·
bmwcharging
·
Sales, Marketing
·
BMW iX
·
Corporate Finance, Facts, Figures
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Sales Worldwide
·
Corporate
·
Electrification

Battery power: BMW Group makes Coldplay world tour more sustainable

14.10.2021Press Release

+++ BMW & Coldplay unveil mobile show battery power solution for bands upcoming Music Of The Spheres World Tour +++ World tour achieves a new peak in the long-standing collaboration between the BMW and Coldplay+++ More than 40 recyclable BMW i3 batteries to provide the necessary power during the live performances +++ Use of the first BMW car batteries rendered suitable for second-life applications +++

i20
·
G26
·
BMW iX
·
Technology
·
BMW i
·
Corporate
·