PressClub Global · Article.
The new BMW M6. Coupe and Convertible.
Fri Jun 22 00:00:00 CEST 2012 Press Kit
Out of a passion for elite performance and an appreciation of exclusive style comes the allure for which M Automobiles are renowned – and which can now be experienced in two new forms. The new BMW M6 Coupe and BMW M6 Convertible offer top-class performance attributes and an ambience defined by luxury and innovative comfort features.
send an e-mail
This article in other PressClubsShow all
At a glance
• New edition of the BMW M6 in Coupe and Convertible body
variants; generous dose of M feeling combined with alluring design
aesthetics, a luxurious aura, seating for four and innovative
high-performance sports car with superior performance attributes and extremely exclusive character; BMW M6 Coupe and BMW M6 Convertible both occupy a unique position in the premium segment of the executive class thanks to their blend of outstanding dynamics, hallmark M conceptual harmony and everyday usability; further development of both concepts breaks new ground with significantly improved efficiency, optimised controls for individualising the car set-up and a wider variety of driver assistance systems and infotainment functions available from
• Visually imposing body design with dynamically elegant lines
hallmark M athleticism provides an accurate visual showcase for the car’s high-performance properties; BMW M6 Coupe with strikingly contoured roof made from carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP);
BMW M6 Convertible with high-quality soft-top boasting
distinctive “fin” architecture.
• High-revving 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, consisting of Twin Scroll Twin Turbo technology, cross-bank exhaust manifold, High Precision Direct Petrol Injection and VALVETRONIC fully variable valve control; hallmark M power delivery headlined by instantaneous responsiveness and a sustained wave of thrust; highest output in the segment; 412 kW/560 hp at 6,000 – 7,000 rpm, maximum torque: 680 Newton metres (502 lb-ft) from 1,500 rpm; maximum engine speed: 7,200 rpm; engine output 10 per cent higher than predecessor models, maximum torque 30 per cent higher.
• Acceleration: 0–100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.2 seconds (BMW M6
Coupe) or 4.3 seconds (BMW M6 Convertible); 0–200 km/h (124 mph) in
12.6 (13.1) seconds; electronically governed top speed: 250 km/h
(155 mph) or 305 km/h (189 mph) with M Driver’s Package.
• Extraordinarily fine balance between performance and fuel
consumption represents major improvement on previous models; average
fuel consumption in the EU test cycle: 9.9 litres per 100 km / 28.5
(BMW M6 Coupe) and 10.3 litres per 100 km / 27.4 mpg imp
(BMW M6 Convertible); Auto Start-Stop function and further
Efficient Dynamics technology as standard; fuel consumption of the respective predecessor models cut by more than 30 per cent.
• Seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic;
automatic gear selection tuned to deliver optimum traction, Launch
Low Speed Assistance; bespoke M gear selector; newly developed M leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles.
• Power sent to the rear wheels; Active M Differential ensures fully variable distribution of drive between the rear wheels. Result is optimised traction and directional stability during dynamic lane changes and when accelerating out of corners.
• High-performance characteristics with outstanding dynamics and
precisely controllable handling, thanks to hallmark M harmony in the
interplay of powertrain and chassis technology, aerodynamics and
weight balance; weight-to-power ratio – BMW M6 Coupe: 3.3 kg/hp,
BMW M6 Convertible: 3.5 kg/hp.
• M-specific chassis with bespoke front and rear axle
M-specific Dynamic Damper Control as standard; DSC stability control incl. M Dynamic Mode; M Servotronic steering; body strengthening using special panels; lightweight compound high-performance braking system; available as an option are newly developed M carbon-ceramic brakes with optimum resistance to fade and wear, and lower weight.
• Engine responses, M Servotronic mapping, Drivelogic shift
DSC mode, damper characteristics and information shown on the
Head-Up Display can be programmed individually; two M Drive buttons on the steering wheel can be used to store and call up individually configured car set-up options.
• Body design with classical BMW Coupe/Convertible proportions,
customary sporty yet elegant BMW 6 Series looks and typical M sporting
edge; special M design features provide an accurate visual
representation of the car’s technical profile and performance;
three-section, strikingly modelled lower air intake with
aerodynamically optimised flaps; new
M kidney grille with black double slats; flared wheel arches; hallmark M gills with integrated direction indicator bars; aerodynamically optimised exterior mirrors and side skirts; BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line; exposed reflectors below the rear lights; aerodynamically optimised rear apron with diffuser between the right and left-hand pair of twin exhaust tailpipes; 19-inch (standard) or 20-inch (optional) forged M light-alloy wheels, each with a distinctive interpretation of the familiar M double-spoke design.
• Luxurious, elegantly sweeping interior design with special M
controls and styling features; newly developed M double-spoke leather
steering wheel; M gear selector and car set-up controls on the
model-specific centre console; exclusive M sports seats with
integrated belt system
(optional: M multifunction seats); Merino leather upholstery with extended features; exclusive carbon-fibre interior trim strips; illuminated door sill finishers with model lettering; M-specific instrument cluster with black-panel technology; 2-zone automatic climate control with extended features, ambient lighting.
• Adaptive LED Headlights fitted as standard, extensive range of
BMW ConnectedDrive features, some unmatched by any rival:
BMW Head-Up Display with M-specific information, High Beam Assistant, BMW Night Vision with pedestrian recognition, Lane Change Warning, Lane Departure Warning, rear-view camera, Surround View, Speed Limit Info, internet access, extended integration of smartphones and music players, Real Time Traffic Information and apps for receiving web radio and using Facebook and Twitter.
• Almost all BMW 6 Series equipment options available, including
Comfort Access, active seats, heated steering wheel, doors with Soft
Close Automatic function, navigation system Professional,
Bang & Olufsen
High End Surround Sound System.
• Performance, fuel consumption and emissions data:
BMW M6 Coupe:
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 4.2 seconds,
acceleration [0 – 200 km/h (124 mph)]: 12.6 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph), 305 km/h (189 mph) with
M Driver’s Package,
average fuel consumption: 9.9 litres/100 kilometres (28.5 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 232 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.
BMW M6 Convertible:
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 4.3 seconds,
acceleration [0 – 200 km/h (mph)]: 13.1 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph), 305 km/h (189 mph) with M Driver’s Package),
average fuel consumption: 10.3 litres/100 kilometres (27.4 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 239 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW M6. Coupe and Convertible. PDF, EN, 2.11 MB
El nuevo BMW M6. PDF, ES, 2.37 MB
La Nouvelle M6. PDF, FR, 1.56 MB
La nuova BMW M6 PDF, IT, 2.72 MB
신형 BMW M6. PDF, KO, 3.01 MB
新款 BMW M6. PDF, ZH-CN, 1.99 MB
Новый BMW M6. PDF, RU, 1.67 MB
O novo BMW M6. PDF, MULTI, 1.48 MB