Do you need help? Please contact our support team from 9 to 17 CET via support.pressclub@bmwgroup.com.

PressClub Latin America, Caribbean · Articles · Sport.

Press Release

Press Kit

Speech

Fact & Figures

+ Filter

Jake Dennis to be second BMW i Andretti Motorsport driver alongside Maximilian Günther in Season 7.

02.11.2020Press Release

BMW i Andretti Motorsport will contest Season 7 of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship with the two drivers Jake Dennis (GBR) and Maximilian Günther (GER). Dennis won over those making the decision in an intensive selection process and through his performances during test drives in the BMW iFE.20 as well as in the BMW Motorsport simulator. The 25-year-old succeeds Alexander Sims (GBR) alongside Günther.

BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

BMW claims 20th overall victory at the Nürburgring 24 Hours – Nick Catsburg, Alexander Sims and Nick Yelloly triumph in the ROWE Racing BMW M6 GT3.

28.09.2020Press Release

Anniversary win for BMW in the ‘Green Hell’: the ROWE Racing team won the Nürburgring 24 Hours (GER) to present the Bavarian manufacturer with its 20th overall victory at the endurance classic. 50 years after the inaugural Eifel marathon, the #99 BMW M6 GT3 crossed the finish line in first place after 85 laps of racing.

GT Racing
·
Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
24h Races
·
Motorsport Juniors

50 years of Nürburgring 24 Hours – 50 years since BMW’s first overall victory: BMW M Motorsport honours Nordschleife history with BMW M2 CS Racing media car.

14.09.2020Press Release

BMW M Motorsport and the Nürburgring 24 Hours (GER) are celebrating a joint anniversary this year. 2020 marks 50 years since both the inaugural staging of the endurance classic and the first overall victory for BMW in the ‘Green Hell’. As no major anniversary event is possible in the current situation, BMW M Motorsport is recognising its Nordschleife history with a BMW M2 CS Racing media car, featuring a special livery.

Heritage
·
BMW Brand Heritage
·
Motorsport Cars
·
Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
24h Races

Maximilian Günther to drive for BMW i Andretti Motorsport again in Season 7 – Alexander Sims looks for a new challenge in Formula E.

19.08.2020Press Release

After the current season drew to a close with the six races in Berlin (GER), BMW i Andretti Motorsport lays the first steps for Season 7 of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship. After his successful maiden season, Maximilian Günther (GER) will drive the BMW iFE.21 for the team in 2021. Alexander Sims (GBR) will move within Formula E after two years as a BMW i Andretti Motorsport driver.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

BMW i Andretti Motorsport finish extraordinary Formula E season in fifth in the team standings.

14.08.2020Press Release

Undoubtedly the most extraordinary season of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, drew to a close with the sixth race in the space of nine days in Berlin-Tempelhof (GER). BMW i Andretti Motorsport looks back on three wins and another podium finish, and finishes the second season as a BMW works team with 118 points and in fifth place in the team standings.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

Track facts and key factors: the BMW i Andretti Motorsport preview for the Berlin finale.

04.08.2020Press Release

With six races in nine days, BMW i Andretti Motorsport is facing by far the most unusual season finale that the ABB FIA Formula E Championship has ever seen. All the races will be held at the former airport of Berlin-Tempelhof (GER), where it is possible to have three different track layouts, making the six races much more varied.

BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

Live discussion with CEO Jamie Reigle on Formula E at the FUTURE FORUM by BMW Welt.

15.07.2020Press Release

• Virtual live event from the FUTURE FORUM by BMW Welt on July 16, 2020 at 4 pm (CET) on “Formula E – a pioneering racing series”. • Jamie Reigle, CEO of Formula E, offers his latest insights and chats with experts, drivers and the community. • Shortly before the season finale in Berlin: public live stream of the panel discussion on the pioneering spirit, innovations and technologies of Formula E.

Plants, Facilities
·
BMW Welt
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E

Alessandro Zanardi returns to the cockpit in a BMW M6 GT3 for the final endurance race of the 2020 Italian GT Championship.

19.06.2020Press Release

BMW works driver Alessandro Zanardi (ITA) is getting back behind the wheel of a BMW race car. He will participate in the final endurance race of this season’s Italian GT Championship at Monza (ITA) from 6th to 8th November. Zanardi will again team up with BMW Team Italia with Team Manager Roberto Ravaglia (ITA), and will share the cockpit of a modified BMW M6 GT3 with Stefano Comandini (ITA) and Marius Zug (GER).

Sport
·
GT Racing
·
Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
Motorsport Drivers

Bruno Spengler and Team BMW Bank win again on the virtual Nordschleife – Debut for Timo Glock in the BMW M4 GT4.

13.06.2020Press Release

On Thursday, BMW works driver Bruno Spengler (CAN) celebrated his title win in the IMSA iRacing Pro Series, before delivering another victorious performance on Saturday. Together with Team BMW Bank and his team-mates Nils Koch and Kay Kaschube (both GER) on the virtual Nürburgring-Nordschleife (GER), Spengler secured a second victory in the Digital Nürburgring Endurance Series powered by VCO.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
Sim Racing

Bruno Spengler tops overall standings in the IMSA iRacing Pro Series – John Edwards on the podium at season finale.

12.06.2020Press Release

Bruno Spengler (CAN) is the first champion of the IMSA iRacing Pro Series. An early not-at-fault accident saw the BMW driver record a zero-point result at the season finale in Watkins Glen (USA), but he was able to stay ahead of fellow BMW driver Nick Catsburg (NED). Catsburg finished fourth to end the season second in the overall standings.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
Customer Racing
·
IMSA Series
·
Sim Racing

The two worlds of Formula E: simulator work forms the basis for success at the racetrack.

10.06.2020Press Release

As chief engineer, Valentino Conti (GER) coordinates both race and simulator operations of BMW i Andretti Motorsport. The current break in racing offers the opportunity for him to explain the process behind the simulator work, the goals of this work, and why it is essential for success in Formula E.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E
·
Sim Racing

The success story continues on the virtual Nordschleife: two BMW Z4 GT3s on the podium.

01.06.2020Press Release

The BMW teams have continued their success story on the virtual Nürburgring Nordschleife (GER) in the fifth race of the Digital Nürburgring Endurance Series powered by VCO. The MAHLE 3-hour race on Saturday featured two podium finishes for the BMW Z4 GT3. BMW works driver Bruno Spengler (CAN) and Team BMW Bank secured second place in the #107 car. Third place went to the Walkenhorst Motorsport #35 BMW Z4 GT3.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
Sim Racing

“ABB Formula E Race at Home Challenge”: Bad luck for Maximilian Günther – victory for Kevin Siggy.

01.06.2020Press Release

BMW i Andretti Motorsport driver Maximilian Günther (GER) was unlucky in the sixth race of the “ABB Formula E Race at Home Challenge” in New York City (USA): After second place in qualifying, he started from the front row of the grid, but dropped to the back of the field through no fault of his own after a collision at the start and crossed the finish line in 12th place. Alexander Sims (GBR) in the second BMW iFE.20 finished in 14th place.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E
·
Sim Racing

Realistic down to the smallest detail: how the virtual version of the BMW M4 GT4 came about.

29.05.2020Press Release

After about half a year of intensive development work, the BMW M4 GT4 is set to make its virtual debut on the sim racing platform iRacing in June. To make sure that the BMW M customer racing car is as realistic as possible, iRacing developers are working as intensively with the BMW Motorsport engineers as if they were working on a real racing car.

Motorsport Cars
·
Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
Customer Racing
·
Sim Racing

IMSA iRacing Pro Series: Five BMW M8 GTEs reach top ten in Virginia – Bruno Spengler fifth, extends overall lead.

29.05.2020Press Release

The fifth and penultimate race of the IMSA iRacing Pro Series season at ‘Virginia International Raceway’ (USA) marked the first time that BMW drivers were unable to convert the great pace of the virtual BMW M8 GTE into a podium finish. Just before the end, Bruno Spengler (CAN) fell back from second place to fifth, but finished as the best-placed BMW driver and extended his overall lead.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
IMSA Series
·
Sim Racing

Maximilian Günther in the points at virtual home race for BMW i Andretti Motorsport in Berlin.

25.05.2020Press Release

The fifth race of the season in the ‘ABB Formula E Race at Home Challenge’ was a home race for BMW i Andretti Motorsport and Maximilian Günther (GER), as it took place on the virtual airfield circuit at Berlin-Tempelhof (GER). Günther finished seventh to score points in the drivers’ standings in which he now lies third. Alexander Sims (GBR) finished the race in 15th place.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
FIA Formula E
·
Sim Racing

Mental training at Formula Medicine: BMW works drivers have been benefitting from progressive training philosophy for many years.

20.05.2020Press Release

Mental strength is playing an increasingly important role in motorsport. It’s not enough to simply drive fast if you want to be a world-class racing driver. Being able to deliver a top performance under pressure, in unpredictable situations or over a long period is what makes a champion. Dr. Riccardo Ceccarelli has set new standards with Formula Medicine when it comes to mental training.

Automotive
·
BMW Motorsport
·
Motorsport Juniors
·
Motorsport Drivers
My.PressClub Login

BMW Group Streaming

WORLD PREMIERE

Here you can see the on demand broadcast of the World Premiere of the new BMW S 1000 R and BMW G 310 R.

Open Streaming Page

PressClub Information

E-MAIL NOTIFICATION.

edit news settings

Please login and update your e-mail newsletter set up and the fields of interest. You can receive notifications for new articles and video material immediately or as a daily collection.

Latest Facts & Figures.

Show all

Related Videos.

Add your filter tags.

Press Release
Press Kit
Speech
Fact & Figures
Updates
Top-Topic
Submit filter
Clear all