PressClub Global · Article.
The new BMW X5.
Thu May 30 00:00:00 CEST 2013 Press Kit
The BMW X5 – the founder of the Sports Activity Vehicle segment and globally best-selling car in its class, with more than 1.3 million units sold since the launch of the first generation – is entering a new chapter in its successful history. The third-generation X5 sees BMW once again setting the benchmark for powerful design, interior spaciousness and luxury, versatility, driving pleasure, efficiency and innovative equipment features. The new BMW X5 offers customers an assured all-round package equipped to meet the most exacting and varied demands.
send an e-mail
This article in other PressClubsShow all
At a glance
- Third generation of the BMW X5; founder of the Sports Activity Vehicle segment and global market leader in its class sets new standards in powerful design, luxurious spaciousness, cutting-edge versatility and efficient driving pleasure.
- Characteristic, evolutionary development of body design from the predecessor model; powerful, alert front-end look, with twin circular headlight units extending into the BMW kidney grille; elegantly stretched silhouette; eye-catching swage line over the athletically moulded wheel arches; horizontal lines and taut surfaces at the rear; features optimising the car’s aerodynamic properties integrated harmoniously into its overall design language, including Air Curtains, Air Breathers and Aero Blades for the rear window
- .New scope for individualisation: owners can specify new Design Pure Experience and Design Pure Excellence design worlds and M Sport package; exterior and interior features can be ordered in almost any combination.
- Increased spaciousness, clarity and luxurious ambience in the interior; raised seating position; low-set instrument panel with horizontal lines extending into the door trim and additional trim surface; enhanced interior variability thanks to 40 : 20 : 40 split/folding rear seat backrest; boot capacity: 650 – 1,870 litres; automatic tailgate operation as standard; tailgate can now also be opened and closed by remote control and from the driver’s seat; rear comfort seats and an additional third row of seats are both available as options.
- Three engine variants at launch: BMW X5 xDrive50i with a new generation of the V8 petrol engine (330 kW/450 hp), BMW X5 xDrive30d with revised six-cylinder in-line diesel unit (190 kW/258 hp) and the BMW X5 M50d M Performance Automobile with tri-turbo six-cylinder in-line diesel (280 kW/381 hp). In December 2013 the BMW X5 xDrive40d, BMW X5 xDrive35i, BMW X5 xDrive25d and BMW X5 sDrive25d (with CO2 emissions of just 149 g/km) will be added to the range.
- Commitment to reducing fuel consumption and emissions through weight minimisation, optimised air guidance, engine technology and the standard-fitted – and extremely efficient – eight-speed automatic gearbox with additional BMW EfficientDynamics technology; Auto Start Stop function, ECO PRO mode including coasting function and Proactive Driving Assistant also offered; all models already have the EU6 rating.
- Driving Experience Control switch fitted as standard; Comfort, Dynamic and Professional adaptive suspension packages and Adaptive M suspension can be specified to enhance the car’s sporty handling properties and ride comfort; Electric Power Steering for all model variants; Active Steering optional.
- Standard BMW xDrive all-wheel-drive system (excl. BMW X5 sDrive25d), also available with Dynamic Performance Control as part of the Dynamic and Professional adaptive suspension packages; xDrive status display makes its debut.
- More innovations in the BMW ConnectedDrive range: BMW Head-Up
Display with full spectrum of colours and new display content; BMW
Night Vision with human and animal detection and Dynamic Light Spot,
Lane Change Warning, Speed Limit Info, new BMW Parking Assistant
with longitudinal and lateral guidance*, Surround View with
360-degree display, Driving Assistant including Lane Departure
Warning, plus Collision Warning and Pedestrian Warning with braking
function; Driving Assistant Plus additionally with Active Cruise
Control with Stop & Go function including braking to a
standstill, Traffic Jam Assistant with active speed and steering
angle control without driver input*; extensive range of mobility and
internet-based services such as Concierge Services, Remote Services,
Intelligent Emergency Call, Real Time Traffic Information, internet
access, in-car use of Facebook and Twitter, dictation function with
full speech recognition for emails, SMS and memos, online
* planned availability: December 2013
- Cutting-edge equipment options: freestanding, up to 10.25-inch Control Display for standard-fitted iDrive operating system; Touch Controller with touch-sensitive surface available with optional navigation system; high-quality materials; extended storage areas; Bang & Olufsen High End Surround Sound System, comfort seats in the rear and new rear-seat entertainment system with two displays all available as options.
BMW X5 xDrive50i: V8 petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology (two turbochargers, direct injection, VALVETRONIC),
Capacity: 4,395 cc, output: 330 kW/450 hp at 5,500 rpm,
max. torque: 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) at 2,000 – 4,500 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.0 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard:
10.4 – 10.5 litres/100 kilometres (27.2 – 26.9 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions according to EU standard: 242 – 244 g/km (figures depend on the tyre format specified), exhaust standard: EU6.
BMW X5 xDrive30d: Six-cylinder in-line diesel
BMW TwinPower Turbo technology (turbocharger with variable inlet geometry, common rail direct injection),
Capacity: 2,993 cc, output: 190 kW/258 hp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 560 Nm (413 lb-ft) at 1,500 – 3,000 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 6.9 seconds,
top speed: 230 km/h (143 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 6.2 litres/100 kilometres (45.6 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions according to EU standard: 162 – 164 g/km (figures depend on the tyre format specified), exhaust standard: EU6.
BMW X5 M50d: Six-cylinder in-line diesel engine with M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology (three turbochargers, high-pressure, with variable turbine geometry), common rail direct injection with piezo injectors, maximum injection pressure 2,200 bar).
Capacity: 2,993 cc, output: 280 kW/381 hp at 4,000 – 4,400 rpm,
max. torque: 740 Nm (546 lb-ft) at 2,000 – 3,000 rpm.
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.3 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph).
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 6.7 litres/100 kilometres (42.2 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions according to EU standard: 177 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6.
Article Offline Attachments.
The new BMW X5. PDF, EN, 634.96 KB
La nouvelle BMW X5. PDF, FR, 664.99 KB
The new BMW X5 - Russian. PDF, RU, 753.96 KB
The new BMW X5 - Arabic. PDF, AR, 593.61 KB
The new BMW X5 - Chinese. PDF, ZH-CN, 709.9 KB
El nuevo BMW X5. PDF, ES, 662.07 KB
La nuova BMW X5. PDF, IT, 669.6 KB